Effective date: November 23, 2015
- Personal Information we may collect and use
- Registration and Logged-in Users
- Collection of Personal Information Submitted Voluntarily
- System and device information
- System and device information
- Cookies and related technologies
- Session Cookies
- Performance and Remarketing Cookies
- Google Analytics
- Google Display Advertising
- When we may share Personal Information
- Information storage and international transfers
- Email preferences
- Your rights
- Contacting us
American Metal Roofs, LLC (“American Metal Roofs”) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who visit American Metal Roofs’ website located at AmericanMetalRoofs.com, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”).
III. Personal information we may collect and use
(i) Registration and Logged-in Users
When you request an American Metal Roofs estimate we may collect some Personal Information about you such as: your full name, username, email address, the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices, and other optional information that you provide as part of your account profile. The Website may assign you a unique American Metal Roofs user ID (an alphanumeric string) upon supplying your information.
As a user of American Metal Roofs, we may also collect the following:
- information you post in the form of messages, conversations, or contributions to discussions exchanged over the Supported Platforms
- images or other files that you may publish via our Website
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as questions or comments concerning our Website
- information relating to your real time location, but only where you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information or when posting through the Supported Platforms
American Metal Roofs uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you visit the Website
- to enable us to provide the Website to you
- to verify transactions you make and for security and authentication
- to analyze the Website, or the other services and information about our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behavior in order to improve our content and Website
- to contact you to provide support
- to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of our Website to prospective partners
- to keep you informed of information about our Website we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes
By submitting information to American Metal Roofs, you consent to the use of your information for these purposes.
(ii) Collection of Personal Information Submitted Voluntarily
American Metal Roofs may gather Personal Information about representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. American Metal Roofs may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Website.
(iii) System and device information
American Metal Roofs automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Supported Platforms, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Website, we may collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable) (collectively referred to as “Traffic Data”). We may link this Traffic Data to your unique American Metal Roofs user ID to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of our Website, and better understand and market to our customers and website users.
American Metal Roofs also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Website and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Website. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use our Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience. Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
IV. Cookies and related technologies
(i) Session Cookies
The Website may use “Session Cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device. These enable us to remember your login session so you can move easily within the Website or the other Website. These Session Cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you may be required to re-enter any available American Metal Roofs login information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information. Other examples of our use of Session Cookies include to track the number of visits by a particular visitor to a page.
(ii) Performance and Remarketing Cookies
(iii) Google Analytics
American Metal Roofs uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics. If you are a prospective customer, American Metal Roofs may use your American Metal Roofs user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Website you visit. We do this to better understand how you use the Website with a view to offering improvements for all American Metal Roofs users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide American Metal Roofs with any Personal Information. Learn more about privacy at Google and to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
(iv) Google Display Advertising
Additionally, American Metal Roofs uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features American Metal Roofs currently uses are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow American Metal Roofs and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of American Metal Roofs users and to improve the Website.
You may opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
American Metal Roofs uses other third-party performance and remarketing cookies, and further information on those third-party cookies can be obtained by contacting us.
American Metal Roofs may also use related technologies including web beacons, bugs, pixels, and software tokens in order to facilitate your use of the Website.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found athttp://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive.
V. When we may share Personal Information
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Website infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Website generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with American Metal Roofs;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms secure. This includes the use of HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security), which encrypts all transmitted data, and OAuth 2.0 protocols for authentication and data transfer to Supported Platforms.
American Metal Roofs uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Website. These vendors have been selected for their high standards of both physical and technological security, including ISO and SSAE16 certifications.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Website whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms.
VIII. Information storage and international transfers
American Metal Roofs aligns itself with the Safe Harbor privacy principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of Personal Data transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to the United States. While American Metal Roofs itself is not certified by the US Department of Commerce, the information that you submit via the Website is hosted on secure servers at GoDaddy.com that are certified under the Safe Harbor Scheme for transfers of Personal Information outside the European Economic Area. Safe Harbor is an EU-recognized program that provides a way for US businesses to demonstrate that they provide adequate protection for Personal Information transferred to it according to EU data protection standards. Further information on Safe Harbor is available from the US Department of Commerce’s website.
IX. Email preferences
American Metal Roofs uses email as the primary mode of communications with our users. We want to respect your privacy by only sending emails of interest to you. You may opt out or unsubscribe from any future email communications from within a link provided in each email correspondence that we send you.
X. Your rights
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by American Metal Roofs for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You should be aware that American Metal Roofs acts as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Platforms. In several instances, the content published via American Metal Roofs will not be in American Metal Roofs’ custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform via the Website may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms.
XI. Contacting us
American Metal Roofs
6140 Taylor Avenue
Flint, MI 48507